I use tags not only for communication (their primary function, ofc) but for organization. My blog isn’t super organized, but there are some tags that I use pretty (fairly?) consistently.
I tag most things, so you can search for specific things on my blog by adding “/tagged/whatever watever” to my url. you can use spaces, hyphens, or underscores. See here for counter-intuitive & less common tags. (That page is mostly to help me remember things tbh)
Here are some tags I use frequently-ish
- me, a tag for photos of me and posts containing photos of me
- my gpoy tag offers kind of a skewy collage of my personality; I’m not as hopeless, unhappy, or misanthropic as the posts in that tag would suggest. I do sometimes use the tag slightly in jest. proceed with caution
- these are pictures I take. a lot of them are of my pets.
- want, a haphazard list of things I see that would be cool to have. also “things I want to buy”. I will consolidate these two tags one of these days.
- I lol’d, a tag for things that SINCERELY made me laugh out loud. they are not always the actual funniest things ever, sometimes they are really dumb. most of them don’t make me laugh a second time when I go through the tag every so often. but I think it’s important to document how dumb my sense of humor is.
- favorite, my favorite things—photos, moments in tv shows, people.
- travel, a tag for all places I reblog that are cool and far away. I usually (but not always) try to tag these posts with the relevant city, country, and/or continent, but I usually forget. see also the occasionally used tag “pretty places I want to visit”. I’m going to try and reserve the “travel” tag for pictures of places, and wanderlust for more general travely things. I have a strange fascination with Brasov and I am 96% sure that Germany doesn’t actually exist. Also, local pride: Seattle, Bellingham, Washington, PNW.
- kelsey reads sometimes. a tag about my personal reading list. I also have a tag for reading in general (the distinction between these two tags is dubious tbh) and a tag for books.
- nostalgia. I’m a fan. I kind of use this synonymously with “things that were a part of my childhood”
- desktop. I change my desktop wallpaper every few months & if i’m particularly happy with it I’ll post a screenie.
- drunk posts. it’s sad that this is now a thing.
- my life in charts. I like charts. a lot of times I chart my life. I’ve even started posting them. necessitating the tag.
Click here 4 moar info about the music I like!
Audio posts of music that I like are tagged with “music”. to listen to all the audio posts I’ve made or reblogged (unfortunately includes non-music and non-awesome music), go to my trntbl. I’ve also put all the songs in this tag into a Spotify playlist, which obvs doesn’t include obscure songs that aren’t on Spotify. But y’know.
I also have a tag for lyrics and I really like covers!
songs & stuff. these tags are rarely updated.
PEOPLE I ADORE
THINGS I MAKE/DO
- my photo, a tag for pictures that I took myself (not bragging; just saying. any photo that is of my actual life, whether a photographic masterpiece or not (not) is in this tag)
- my gif (I am inconsistent tagging all of my gifs on account’a some of them are awful and I don’t want to seem like I’m proud of them BUT I’m trying to get them all tagged)
OTHER THINGS I LIKE
OTHER TAGS I USE WITH VARYING DEGREES OF CONSISTENCY
SERIES OF POSTS
- [ongoing] semantix bish. I’m taking a semantics class. it’s really hard. I complain a lot. please don’t say “that’s just semantics” because I’ll want to hurt you.
- rereading Harry Potter. I reread Harry Potter every summer & sometimes I make comments about it. This tag has kind of become for observations on the potterverse in general, not just my own observations, and not just ones I think during my annual reread. so.
- kelsey’s adventures in french, where I used to talk about learning french & the things that would happen in my french class.
when you click on these tags, the posts should be organized chronologically so you can follow along! \o/
okay I’m tired of trying to organize this now
I’ll try to keep updating it as I realize I forgot stuff but. well. here this is.